AirPods are wireless Bluetooth headphones first launched by Apple in December 2016. In addition to audio playback, AirPods allow you to make calls and talk to Siri. In March 2019, Apple launched the second generation of AirPods. Although this new version is equipped with more advanced features, AirPods remain the most compatible with other products in the Apple ecosystem.
Does this mean that Windows users can’t enjoy this stylish pair of wireless headphones? Can you really use AirPods with a Windows PC or laptop? Let’s find out.
Can you use Apple Airpods with a Windows 10 PC?
Apple AirPods are the best connected to Apple products. However, this does not mean that you cannot use them with Android devices, and yes, even a Windows PC. Like any other pair of wireless headphones, AirPods can be connected to any phone or PC via Bluetooth. The only problem is that you can’t pair the device with Siri, because it only works when AirPods are connected to an iPhone or iPad.
There are steps to follow when using Apple headphones with non-Apple devices. It may take a few more steps than when you connect them to your iPhone, but it’s a pretty simple process once you get the hang of it.
3 easy steps to connect Apple Airpods to a Windows 10 PC
Connecting Apple AirPods to your Windows 10 PC is as easy as with other devices. Just follow the three steps below to get your headphones up and running.
1. Place your AirPods in the powered cover.
Place the AirPods in the powered box and leave the lid open. Press and hold the round button on the back of the cover for a few seconds until the green light turns white.
2. Open the Bluetooth settings on your PC.
Open the “Settings” option on your Windows 10 PC, click on “Devices” and choose “Bluetooth and other devices.”Click “Add Bluetooth or another device.”
When the “add device” window appears on your screen, select “Bluetooth”. Click on the AirPods option in the list. You will see the message “your device is ready to go!”if the AirPods are paired correctly.
3. Remove the AirPods from the cover.
Remove the AirPods from the powered cover. Now you can enjoy your music hands-free.
Additional tips when using AirPods with a Windows PC
• Make sure that the AirPods are at least partially charged before pairing them.
* Pair AirPods from your iPhone before pairing them with your PC.
* Leave the powered cover open so as not to lose the connection between the headphones and your PC. Close the cover if you want to disconnect these two devices.
* AirPods should automatically connect to your PC when they are taken out of the cover. If this is not the cover, put them back in place, close the lid and reconnect by repeating the three steps above.
* Use a Bluetooth USB dongle if your PC or laptop does not have Bluetooth capability.
• If you are still having problems connecting AirPods to your PC or laptop, you can search for the best place to sell a laptop and trade in a MacBook. AirPods automatically connect to Apple devices.